The South African First Aid League (SAFAL) is an effective, independent, non-profit organization.
SAFAL was established in April 1935 with the aim of providing First Aid training. This mission has been extended to provide First Aid assistance to sports and other community activities and events.
The organization is based on a constitution, which provides for an executive committee, senior management, regional management, branch management and members.
This national organization has a national infrastructure managed by its headquarters in Centurion. The administrative control is exercised by the Chief Operating Officer (COO) who reports to an Executive Committee
We offer FIRST AID COURSES on your or our premises at dates that suit you.
We sell FIRST AID EQUIPMENT and REGULATION 7 FIRST AID METAL BOXES AND BAGS.
We provide FIRST AID AT EVENTS.
We facilitate FIRST AID COMPETITIONS.
We are registered with the DEPARTMENT OF LABOUR (CI BIG 3-03) and are fully accredited with the HWSETA (HW591PA1006262).
Our mission is:
- to facilitate First Aid assistance
- to provide relevant and latest First Aid assistance information to the public
- to train First Aiders according to the guidelines laid down by the Department of Labor, the HWSETA and the Resuscitation Council of South Africa
- to train competent First Aid facilitators to provide Regulation 7 emergency services (boxes and bags)
- to provide First Aid assistance at events and to organize and facilitate first aid competitions
- to ensure that first aid skills are laid down and practiced